Wednesday 30 December 2009

New Year blues?

Some people seem to get very excited about the whole New Year thing. I have to admit I don't really. After all, it's all a bit arbitrary when we start the year; we could have New Year in April if we wanted. Basically, on 1st January we'll wake up to another day that will be a lot like 31st December in lots of ways.


Or maybe I'm just being a bit grumpy about it all. I think some of it is I don't enjoy the whole "Let's look back and review" thing, and am not really disciplined enough for the serious planning for the New Year thing (as I said in an earlier post it's often the unplanned for that takes up time and energy in any case). Maybe it's a temperament thing, at least in part. My friend Johnny has a great post about planning here; guaranteed to make you feel a worm if you live in semi-chaos a lot of the time like me. And no doubt my friend Gareth will soon email round his review of 2009, with all the countries he's preached in counted and analysed...


Anyway, this is for those of us who are just trying to live a day at a time (sounds biblical enough to me!)....have a Happy Day today and tomorrow and the day after too, whatever the month or year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment